Rules For Working With My Stock Photography
If you need to reach me urgently contact me via Email; I am usually unable to keep up with all the notes on my DeviantArt stock account, RedBubble, Renderosity, or any of the other sites that people post artworks on. If you need to reach me badly enough to email me, I am email@example.com
"I hereby grant all DeviantArtists permission to use my stock in any and all Deviant Prints without restriction."
MY RULES ("'Do as thou wilt' shall be the whole of the law") You may use these images as you see fit except as follows:
- If you can't read my rules, or can't be bothered to read my rules, or can't be bothered to find and read my rules, you are too lazy or illiterate to use my stock and are permanently banned from doing so. If you email me asking 'what are your rules' you are permanently banned from using my stock, unless I tell you otherwise.
- If you violate any of these rules or violate any of my copyrights you are prohibited entirely, forever, from using any of my stock in any way, shape, or form - commercially or otherwise. No appeals and no amount of begging will help; decisions are final.
- Do not simply upload my stock to a pay site; if you do that, you'll get a DMCA request from me and possibly I'll sue you for damages. These images are for photocompositors and artists; they are not to be used as content in and of themselves.
- If you want to go commercial with one of my shots it helps if you tell me first, because that way, if I get an angry call from a model who sees herself on a book cover, I can say "Oh, I gave permission for that" and she'll get mad at me, not you. :) I have signed releases from my models but it's just a matter of courtesy to follow "The Law of Least Surprise."
- The models in my images are real human beings with real feelings. Please be considerate of how the models might see themselves and be thoughtful of their feelings.
- These images are mostly un-retouched - though they may be color-corrected - and are at high resolution. I did not go and remove dust-spots, skin blemishes, etc. Please clean that stuff up in post-work and make the models look good! Also: don't think I do not know how to produce a good photo; these are intended as raw stock.
- I often forward copies of pictures to the models that aren't on DeviantArt but who have expressed an interest in seeing what you do with them. Some of the models may choose to use your images noncommercially in their personal portfolios. I think that's fair, don't you?
- You are allowed to repost works based on my stock in other places (RedBubble, Renderosity, personal websites, contests, whatever) than DA but please maintain a credit to me where appropriate. If you post a link, I prefer it to be to my personal website (http://www.ranum.com)
My real name is Marcus Ranum please use that instead of "mjranum" if possible.
- If you have any questions; ask via Email. If you ask me a question that is already answered here, I will not answer.