Photographer / Model Agreement
Marcus J. Ranum
93 Crowsfoot Lane, Morrisdale, PA 16858 "Photographer" Signature:_______________________________
Date:____________________________________________ Signature: _______________________________
- Photographer is employing Model in return for valuable consideration to pose for the purpose of recording photographs or images for photographer's portfolio or for publication.
- Model attests that he/she is over the age of 18.
- Since this legal agreement is signed between Model and Photographer, and Model is presenting Photographer with proof-of-age, Photographer agrees to absolutely guard Model's legal name and identity. Photographer agrees to not reveal, distribute or publish model's personal information and real name in any way without permission.
- Photographer is the owner of all resulting negatives and prints, with the following exceptions:
A) Model has the right at any time (present or future) to inspect negatives by mutual agreement with Photographer, at a mutually convenient time. If images are recorded in digital format, Model has the right to inspect images as they are pulled from the camera, prior to storage on other media.
B) Model has the right at any time (present or future) to request that selected negatives be turned over to Model’s care. If this occurs, Photographer may specify that Model is not to destroy negatives or may specify that the negatives now belong to Model for disposal as he/she sees fit. If images are recorded in digital format, this option is waived unless Model chooses to exercise right (A) above, to inspect images as they are pulled from the camera and to immediately specify images to be deleted or turned over to Model's care. Photographer will behave in good faith to delete images from media and will give Model opportunity to verify that images are deleted.
C) Model does not attain commercial rights to the negatives or imagery derived from them; they may not be sold or re-printed without Photographer’s permission.
D) Model may request contact sheets of negatives. Photographer will provide complete contact sheets in electronic or print form in a timely manner. If images are recorded in digital format, Photographer will provide model CDROM(s) upon request. Images provided on CDROM may be at reduced quality/resolution for Photographer's convenience unless otherwise requested by Model.
- Photographer will provide Model with sample prints at his discretion. These prints are for Model’s portfolio and may be used for self-promotional use or limited commercial use. If images are recorded in digital format, Photographer will provide model selected corrected and cropped images for portfolio use at his discretion.
- Model is not to post, resell, or display derivative works from Photographer's images without permission from Photographer. In all such cases, derivative works will be labelled as such. I.e.: "original Photo by Marcus J. Ranum, with alterations by …"
- Photographer will ask Model for permission (oral, Email, or written) prior to using photographs or derived imagery in a public venue (gallery, online gallery, portfolio, commercial use, etc.) It is expected that generally, Model will grant such permission – however Model does have the right to deny use of photographs representing Model.
- In some circumstances, Photographer may mail or Email Model a set or sets of contact prints and request that Model initial all images that are acceptable for use or to mark clearly or stipulate any that are not. If images are recorded in digital format, Photographer may mail or Email Model a CDROM of images and request permission for their use. Once such permission is given, Photographer will no longer be required to seek further permission for any use of such prints that Model has approved in this manner.
- Additional conditions: